A truly unique Yoga and Nature retreat to cleanse, tone and revitalize your connection to the body, mind, spirit and the infinite beauty of the surrounding natural world.
- Social and practical permaculture and nature connection,
- yoga designed specifically to gently work on different organs of the body restoring healthy movement and function
- mindfulness and guided meditations to allow you to melt deeper into your consciousness,
- Creative group practices including poetry, music, dance and art workshops to bring forth new elements of the self that may remain hidden in daily life, as well as practical new techniques for inner problem solving that you can take home and apply to your life easily and effectively.
- Nature walks and sublime beach time
- Aerial Arts – Aerial Silks Basics Class – for improving your body awareness, with focus on working to safely improve both functional strength and flexibility.
- Forest Therapy – A walk is a 3-hour sensory connection experience in nature where we will be slowing down and through our senses, re-tuning to the frequency of life and mother earth.
All this deliciously complemented with handcrafted foods designed meticulously to aid in detoxing and strengthening our body systems by our incredible chef, who has worked not only at detox retreats around the world but served her delicious nourishment in Londons most famous restaurants such as Moro and Ottolenghi. She will lead cooking workshops as well as teaching the ancient art of fermentation, leaving you with tasty treats and new culinary artistry to take back to your own kitchens.
Dates: 2nd September 2018 ( arrival day ) – 10th September 2018 ( departure )
500 euros ( EARLY BIRD until 1st July )
550 euros ( After 2nd July )
Early booking is recommended since our courses fill up very quickly
For more information and to register to contact Pedro Valdjiu at the following email :
Amy Anam Cara – Yoga Nutrition and Hosting
Pedro Valdjiu – Permaculture Facilitation and Hosting
In 2008 Pedro Valdjiu had a dream of creating a Permaculture Educational Center that would be the breeding ground of a cultural movement to spread around the world. Ten years later Pedro’s dream has come true: Terra Alta has trained hundreds of people from all walks of life, from permaculture design courses ( PDC ) to sustainable house building and regenerative living solutions. The community has become a model of what off-the-grid living can look like and Pedro Valdjiu has emerged as a visionary founder, teacher and cultural regenerative agent of a movement that keeps getting bigger.
Within the Permaculture world, Pedro is a Permaculture project consultant, a certified teacher of the UK Association of Permaculture, a student of Sepp Holzer and teachings of David Holmgren and a passionate facilitator in the areas of Bio-Intensive Farming, Beekeeping, Forest Gardening, Natural Building, Eco-Village Design, Alternative Energy and Off-the-Grid Solutions.
Outside of the permaculture world, Pedro is an award-winning filmmaker and musician. He is the founder and member of the world-renowned musical band Blasted Mechanism. He is the co-founder of a Waldorf School that brings a love based education to children into the local community. And he is the father of two beautiful daughters and companion for about 24 years of lovely Rita Seixas.
Peter Little John Cook – Meditation and Hosting
Geeta – Forest Therapy
Flick Skinner – Chef Bio
The Host Site
Terra Alta is an aspiring off the grid holistic education host site and gives you the chance to be immersed in a landscape of learning. It’s located in between Almoçageme and Ulgueira, two quaint villages just above the sea and situated for easy access to the amazing beaches called Praia da Adraga and Ursa. It’s easy to reach from Lisbon and Sintra and gives access to our amazing sunset cliffs and beaches. Terra Alta offers a wonderful example of small-scale intensive systems working towards being off the grid. Because the site has had several years of Permaculture management, it is easy for students to immerse themselves in the principles of landscape development and holistic infrastructure development. The following Permaculture elements and functions are on display amongst others:
- Small-scale Earthworks to capitalise on impervious surface runoff
- Extensive Food Forest of subtropical, temperate, and Mediterranean species corresponding with the earthworks
- Hot & Cold Composting (Vermiculture) systems for boosting soil life, picking up on waste streams, and cycling nutrients
- Food Preservation and supporting local economy of food production
- Small Intentional Community focused on adult education through Permaculture courses but more importantly holistic, Waldorf and Permaculture inspired education for the children of the local area
- Natural Building techniques utilized for dwellings and outdoor cooking and social spaces
- Renewable Energy technology featuring solar panels – we provide charging only for mobile phones due to limited amount of energy.
- Internet available one hour a day via Hotspot.
In case you want top know a bit more about our vision go HERE
And to meet our crew HERE
And to meet the land and how we apply Permaculture HERE
During the courses students get a chance to experience a permaculture garden more intimately by camping on the land. In a semi-wild area, we have created level terraces among the trees, mushrooms and stones for people to pitch their tents out of view from the rest of the garden.
There is also the possibility for some students with their own bus/camper-van to stay on the land, although space is limited; so if you are interested in bringing a bus, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to accommodate everyone!
What to do nearby
In the break day you can go to Praia da Ursa, the wild beach 30 min away walking. There is so much to visit in Sintra… its a world heritage area full of incredible monuments and gardens planted with an immense variety of trees. We have created a page with some of the local features that you can visit HERE